Friday, October 8, 2010

Ambition

When my mom told me she though I was better off staying away from the art programs in college because I didn't have enough ambition, I was quite hurt. What?! I have plenty of ambition! Look at all the thing I want to do with my life! Now that I think about it, she was totally right... Ambition isn't only about wanting to achieve something, it's about actually getting there. And, to be quite frank, I don't get very far without a deadline, a push or some kind of obligation. I wouldn't be fair with myself if I said that I couldn't get anything done; no, that's not the problem... it's just that I want to do so much more. There are countless ideas that pop into my mind everyday, that I never realize or even just put to paper simply because I'm, well, let's face it, lazy. And whereas I can live with myself when I'm lagging behind with my schoolwork, or even neglecting the cleaning (you have to be lazy in some things!), it just makes me sad when I'm being unproductive with something creative. I just spend too much time thinking and imagining, and not enough time doing!

I've made up my mind. (If I got a dollar for every time I "made up my mind" to do something, I'd be rich! If you look on the other hand at the resolutions I've actually kept... well let's just keep this positive, shall we?) So, like I said, I've made up my mind to keep a daily blog. Although... I think I'll allow myself one missed day a week, just to make sure I don't give it up after three days. On that happy note, let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment