Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fresh, fresh exciting!

I love spaghetti with tomato sauce, or, frankly, any other sauce. However, any sauce I buy invariably ends up moldy somewhere in the back of the fridge. This is mainly because I'm the only one in the house who consumes it (and partially because I sometimes loose things in my fridge). I tried buying smaller quantities of the stuff, but somehow, I can never manage to eat if fast enough. So I found my solution in making fresh sauce.

I once got the craving for pasta and, realizing that there is no sauce in the house, but that there are tomatoes underhand, I decided to improvise. The first time I did, I was in a hurry and simply diced a couple of tomatoes and threw them on the pan, along with fresh parsley. Not bad. Not bad at all. In fact, with some grated parmesan (and when I say some, I mean a small mountain of it, because it's just so damn good) it was quite next to restaurant-style delicious.

Now, when ever I make pasta, it has to come with the fresh, home-made, tomato sauce to which I add an ingredient or two every time. (Today's magic ingredient was sweet onion, giving it a subtle and marvelous taste) However, despite the fact that my recipe grows and changes a bit every time, I try to keep it simple, fun and fast to clean because, usually when I make pasta, I'm starving and I want food now, not in an hour!

Try experimenting a bit on your own, you don't always need a recipe to tell you what to do, to make something worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment