Friday, December 10, 2010

“If you never change your mind, why have one?”

I've realized recently that whatever discussion I seem to have, it leads me to change my mind about what ever I originally believed in. Not because I was convinced to think otherwise, but due to the fact that it gave me the opportunity to think things over, analyze and come out with a fresh result. It's like taking out a book that has been sitting on a dusty shelf, flipping through it and rewriting bits and pieces. Often, only to realize that you have to re-write them again, that there was something missing or that you no longer hold some parts true.
I often tend to take on the defensive in discussions, this makes discussing with different people interesting because I'm contradicting different things.
It's actually quite nice to be able to change your mind. People change, circumstances change, life changes. Why shouldn't your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment