Monday, November 8, 2010

Take your life into your own hands

Or, if you can't, then take it with your feet. I've just read the story of an amazing woman who, born with no arms, does more with her life than most of us do.

"Motivational speaker Jessica Cox has
earned two black belts in Taekwondo,
plays the piano, and on October 11, 2008
became the first person without arms
to earn a pilot’s license. Yep, you read that right.
Jessica does everything with her feet,
including putting in her contact lenses!"
http://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/jessica-cox/

This is not, by far, the only motivational story I've heard, that inspires me to do so much. Yet, why do I still find it hard to make time for at least a fraction of the projects that develop in my head, but don't really get anywhere? Maybe some of us are deprived of something, but, instead, given so much more. Others, who seemingly have got it all, must realize on their own to what extent they are powerful creators of their own lives. No one can show you the extent of your knowledge, your potential, your strength, aside from you. Sometimes I feel like the only way of truly living is to constantly push the boundaries. Perhaps I haven't done much of this in my life, perhaps I never will, perhaps this moment of inspiration is a fleeting one. One thing I know for sure is that no one can impose limits on you, other than yourself, and being born with a defect like Jessica's is only sad if you allow it to be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment